Post valentines, a lot had love sparked, built a deeper connection and had affirmations, whilst on the other end… there are those who realized how their romance has totally fizzled.
As a single girl, these are the things i observe. I am thankful i have time to make choices and not be in a scenario where i’d be stuck. Hopefully, i won’t be in one that i have not thought of well. I am not a genius for love advice or anything. But so far, here are some notes i made for myself:
1. Love doesn’t grow on trees. So when it happens give it a chance to grow. Pray that it doesn’t go one way.
2. Don’t negotiate. Relationships are not legal agreements, at least from the beginning. While one has to be careful in his/her ways so as not to offend their partners, they must not bend too much of themselves to accommodate misconceptions about oneself. If you laugh loud, chrissake, laugh loud. Don’t pretend to be someone you’re not just because you are scared that your weirdness will shoo your partner off.
3. Be with someone who makes you laugh. Life is crazy, be with someone who can help you get through it… with a smile on your face.
4. Treat your partner as you would treat yourself. This means of course that you should love yourself that much first before you can extend that love to someone else. Some people give much more than what they have and end up feeling somehow lost and empty after.
5. Love does not have deadlines. No matter how old you are. Don’t rush it.
I hope i could remember everything when i am actually there, i’m keeping my hopes up. I guess i am thankful to have this time now to be outside the box so i can see things at a different view and learn from others.